No, I've been using udev for quite some time, and I reconfirmed by doing a full install just in case it was some odd upgrade sideffect.
To describe in detail what happens, when I plug my Shuffle in, g-v-m does not recognize it as removable media to auto mount. So, in Computer, the icon does get created there, and if I double click it, it mounts to /media/sda1.
Previous behaviour in Gnome on Arch (and other distros that I have personally confirmed) automount (no clicking in Computer necessary, and nothing other than g-v-m running) it in /media/ipod.
Anyone else with a Shuffle care to try??