I'm not sure why you are apologising - I *really* am grateful for the reminder! It's just that I was not the one that made the last update of the kernel - someone else did it and did not inform me so I did not know the ati-drivers needed to be rebuilt. I have already rebuilt them - they should be in [community] shortly assuming it has not broken again...or that I have broken it....again....

Vivek Ayer wrote:

Sorry about that. I meant they weren't yet rebuilt for the newest
kernel you released. Since you are the maintainer for both the
kernel26archck and ati-drivers, I assume you'll have an updated
ati-drivers package. Personally I don't mind using a modified kernel.
As long as you get from point A to B, you're fine. If I am correct,
you released the latest kernel on 10/2 and the latest ati-drivers on
9/30. I can wait it out, but if you can get an ati-driver pkg out for
this, that would be great. Really appreciate. You're doing a fine job
so far.

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone updated the nforce package for
nforce2 boards? It's funny because after I install the nforce packages
and load the module nvnet for my internet, I still have forcedeth in
use and when I unload that module, internet doesn't work. nforce
doesn't seem to be doing the job with the newer kernels. I don't why.
I have no qualms except I can't set any options in forcedeth that I
could in nvnet (i.e. optimization=1, for CPU load). If anyone could
look into that, that would be awesome.

As always, thanks a lot. I haven't touched windows for a while b/c of
arch (3 months and counting)

Vivek