[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2005 01:04 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Is it possible to have both version 1 and version 2 co-exist ?

Very best regards;

Bob Finch

Hi theoretical it would be possible, but why?
OO 2.0 will be developed 1.x not.
so please try the OO 2.0 i didn't experienced problems so far, and
testing is  the right place for enabling the ppl to check if everything
will work. OO 2.0 has so many improvements so i think ppl are happy to
get the new OO. greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
Archlinux Package Maintainer (tpowa)

Why ?

Because I am a skeptic when it comes to viability of early releases of new
versions of software compared to later releases of an earlier version.
(i.e. Some people like me prefer stability from time to time. Not all the
time mind you, just some of the time.)

And I am seldom surprised by having my skeptic nature voided.

Besides Linux should be able to handle this...!!

Yeah, Arch does it perfectly - don't install the new one from the repos and build it yourself and have it install where you want - the ultimate solution: the power entirely in your hands. But somehow I think that is one of the benefits that people only find convienet when it suits them...

:p

Thanks ever so much for asking why. It is a good question.

Very best regards;

Bob Finch