On 11/16/05, Ken Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:25:44PM +0200, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:
> > I think the cleanest solution would be creating seperate packages with
> > info docs. Only when someone has enabled a specific flag in pacman conf
> > file those would be automatically downloaded.
> >
> > Dimitris
>
> I like this solution. :-)
>
> Ken

Read a few posts up, it's impractical. It will require changes to the
developers scripts, the AUR and practically everything that deals with
PKGBUILDS because the doco packages wont have one.

As for info2man, I think the manpages generated, although long, would
be fine. There is a search function in man, its not difficult to use
either. It's also somewhat more feasable and Arch friendly than
different packages. I realise it doesnt cover certain packages which
dont use either man or info docos, but thats not what this thread was
started about.

James
--
iphitus - archck maintainer
Home:iphitus.loudas.com Blog: iphitus.blogspot.com