On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 20:59 +0100, Damir Perisa wrote:
> > I think I'll take that stuff from Ubuntu Breezy, as they autotooled
> > 6.8.2. X.Org 6.8 had working xkb stuff :P
>
> is there a plan to fix this things for the 7.0.0 release in the xorg
> tree? or
> are the xorg people hoping that maintainers glue together xkb from
> old
> versions?

Nah, they expect us to ditch xkbdata and grab the xkeyboard-config
package. 0.6 seems to work very well with some patches Ubuntu backported
from CVS. 0.7 is horribly broken, when I use that I can even get my X
server to crash (yay!), requiring me to reboot via SSH (another yay!).
xkeyboard-config will appear in testing soon, xkbdata will get removed.