On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:13:27 +0100
Benjamin Andresen <Benjamin Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

 | I think this would only complicate stuff. And Arch has this very well
 | working KISS philosophy.
A simple

if [ ! $UID -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "you must be root!"
        exit
fi

in front of each script would not complicate matters that much (even less
if it would be made generic and sourced) and be quite handy IMO.

 | If it happens multiple times to you... Try to get some better shell
 | settings to visualize when you are root or not.
Some people like to never login as root and use sudo, for example.

Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x52D70289