On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:14:12PM +0100, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 11:48 +0100, Patrick Leslie Polzer wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:33:00 +0000
>> Magnus Therning <Magnus Therning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>  | It seems the artefacts are always in the same colour as my GNOME panel.
>>  | Maybe this isn't an X issue after all?
>> Is this a TFT or a CRT monitor?
>> My laptop's TFT likes to show artefacts when certain colors are combined
>> in one place.
>
>I'm no expert on monitors, but would such artifacts be shown on
>screenshots?

My gut feeling says no, but then I'm no expert either.

Just confirmed that it isn't a GNOME issue, the things show up when
running twm as well (it was PAINFUL to come to that conclusion, WMs have
come a long way since TWM :-).

/M

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The NSA regularly lies to people who ask it for advice on export
control. They have no reason not to; accomplishing their goal by any
legal means is fine by them. Lying by government employees is legal.
      -- John Gilmore