On 1/29/06, SaintShakaJin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a problem with ndiswrapper (1.8) and stock kernel 2.6.15.1. I know
> where it comes, SMP :(
> Ndiswrapper isn't compatible with SMP so I've 2 questions.

Ndiswrapper claims to be incompatible with SMP, however, I have always
used an SMP kernel and have been using ndiswrapper for a long time.
I've never had a problem due to SMP.  I have had problems related to
ndiswrapper in general.  If you do have problems with 1.8, I'd suggest
trying out a previous version (yeah, I know, it sucks).

> Is there anybody has the same problem with ndiswrapper and SMP on Arch?
> (I'm Belgian and I can't remember if it's "is there anybody" or "are
> there anybody", if someone can correct me)

"Is there anybody" is correct, 'anybody' implies one person out of a
group, so 'is' is proper.

And yes, I use ndiswrapper along with the stock kernel.

> The problem isn't to recompile my kernel, I can do it but by default, I
> think to have a stock kernel that works with ndiswrapper would be great.
> It's just my opinion.

It works fine here, what problems are you having?

- phrak