On 2/2/06, Rohan Dhruva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree fully with arch's man-pages-are-enough policy. But i think
> there have to be some exceptions -- one bieng python. The python docs
> provide the reference in html directory, which can be used from within
> the help() function in the interpreter. IMHO, it is very useful and
> important to have it. It beautifies the output, and indents it
> correctly.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Python documentation is
integrated into the language.
Here, this screen shot is on my arch system:
http://phraktured.net/gallery/albums/snippets/help_sys.png

> Also, it provides corresponding files for vim and emacs. I found them
> by accident while browsing a slackware live cd. I think that the docs
> are useful enough to be provided as a package. And it will be
> convenient too. Well, even the expert ( i am not one ) needs to refer
> the documentation sometimes. :)

Hmm, what does this mean?  It includes actual vim helpfiles?  What
does one gain over directly using pydoc?
If the docs are the same, then the argument is the same as man v info
- we don't need yet-another-copy of the same documentation, which
works fine on arch (see above screenshot)

- phrak