Hussam Al-Tayeb wrote:
> On Thursday 06 April 2006 17:09, James Fryman wrote:
>
>> OpenSSL should not be a problem right now. The latest stable version
>> (0.9.7i) was released to address some compatibility issues. No known
>> vulnerabilities exist for the current release in Arch (0.9.7h)
>>

> What about gtk2  2.8.16? I don't think gnome or any gtk2 related packages
> packages have to be rebuilt if we upgrade to 2.8.16

I'm speaking for myself only here, but there is a procedure in place for
these situations - hit the Out-of-date flag, and then go about your
business. I trust the dev team to update packages as required, as long
as they are satisfied with them. I have been known to build the latest
version of <insert_pkgname_here> if I needed it, and I would suggest the
same course of action to anyone else in a similar situation.

Tom K.