"we knew there would be problems... :

nvidia-utils conflicts with ati-fglrx-utils which conflicts with libgl-dri...

so its nvidia VS ati VS mesa..."

I did pacman -Ql for all three pkgs and as far as I can see the conflicting files are:

/usr/lib/libGL.so
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so

Are these file specially built against anything or can I create a pkg that builds libgl-dri, strips those files, then builds ati-fglrx-utils, strips those files and then builds nvidia-utils and tars it up?  Then we get an archiegl-utils pkg that provides them all.

Doable?  Please say yes or we got big problems :)