On 17/06/06, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/17/06, Alper KANAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But in the mean time, I agree that etcnet is a little bit complicated..
> Debian way of network profiles was really simple like Arch's.. But I
> really don't know what to do about it, so any implementation of ppp
> interfaces with profiles will be appreciated.. I hope Arch's network
> profile system supports ppp interfaces.. It's really an easy
> configuration tool and saves a lot of time..

PPP wouldnt be too difficult to add, the network profile setup we have
now isnt difficult to modify, I sent in a patch the other day to allow
you to configure WPA passkeys in a profile, without the need for a
wpa_supplicant config and it should be in the next initscripts
package.

But I dont know of any devs who use PPP, so it's somewhat unlikely
unless we get some patches sent in, or someone gives me a thorough
explanation of how PPP is setup and run, and how it could possibly be
integrated. If someone wants to contact me and is willing to provide
this info and test, i'll be happy to work with them.

James
--
iphitus - Beyond Maintainer, Arch Trusted User, Arch Developer.
Home:iphitus.loudas.com