On 1/20/07, Tobias Powalowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Am Samstag, 20. Januar 2007 15:56 schrieb Apollon Oikonomopoulos:
> I just completed an installation using the FTP install image and
everything
> went fine apart from a couple of glitches:
>
>       - mkinitcpio.conf seemed to refer to the "input" hook by default,
which
> doesn't exit. As a result, the default initcpio image is not built, but
> luckily one is able to boot using the fallback image. Did you mean
> "usbinput" perhaps?
>
>       - The second remark is actually a "visual" glitch: during the
initial
> package installation, messages sent to stderr distort the ncurses view
of
> the installer. It's not vital, but IMHO they could be handled a bit
better

> Apart from that I was impressed to see GRUB as a cd bootloader :-)
>
> Keep up with the good work and thanks for the splendid distro!
>
> Cheers,
> Apollon
Hi
yes its a known bug in alpha3 and i have already a fix here, hwdetect is
bugged.
do you mean the groupadd errors?
i haven't found any way to not let them show, if you know how to fix it i
would be happy.
thanks for the feedback

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Suggestion:

Could we add memtest on a booting possibility (like adding the memtest
module to the normal boot logon)

Second possibility? Would it be hard to add a live session on the CD to just
bring one cd for doing it all?

These two are by default on the ubuntu cd so I'm just wondering how much
work it would required to be added to the Arch CD and if it would be a good
idea?

Michel