Johannes Held wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did a pacman -Syu just to knew what needs to be updated.
> This question confuses me:
> :: Replace unionfs with kernel26 from "current"? [Y/n]
>
> I think I compiled unionfs by myself:
> :: unionfs: local (20060916.2203-2) appears to be newer than repo
> (extra/1.5pre_cvs200612261700-1)
>

> Should I replace unionfs? I'm currently using kernel26-beyond.

The latest unionfs (for kernel 2.6.20) cannot be compiled outside of the
kernel as a module. The latest stock kernel package supplies the unionfs
module, so there is no need (as well as no possibility) for a separate
unionfs package. The beyond kernel has always had its own unionfs
module. So, yes, let the unionfs package float off to the great bit
bucket in the sky.