Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Ok, the latest and greatest RC is now available:
>
> Instructions are the same as last time.  Either download this or
> 'pacman -U' it.  If you're running pacman-rc, you need to uninstall
> that first.
>
> The package is here:
>
> http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman/pacman-3.0.0-rc2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> Along with PKGBUILD/install file and all that fun stuff.
>
> If you find any problems, please report them here or on the bug
> tracker.  I'm pretty sure we got everything from last time.

I have only done a few very quick tests, but it looks good ...

... except that there seems to be something wrong with the behaviour
with the -r option. Specifically, so far as I can tell the install
scripts are not being executed in the same way as in the current
version. Things I have noticed so far: when installing a font package
the fonts.xxx files don't get generated (or at least don't end up where
they should - maybe they end up on the host system). With the
ttf-ms-fonts package, the font files themselves also don't appear in the
target.
As this is needed for scripted installs (such as for larch), it is IMO
important that this is sorted out before a release.

Good luck!