On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 13:54 +0400, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> Tell me please, what reason to put 6Mb runtime.tar.gz into CVS? May be its
> proper place is on ftp.archlinux.org (same as ffmpeg sources -
> http://gerolde.archlinux.org/~paul/ffmpeg-$pkgver.tar.gz)

IMHO we shouldn't stuff binary files like this in CVS, same goes for the
gzipped kernel patches we have to update alsa, those are big and
gzipped, CVS can't diff it and will store a completely new file for
every revision. Also, you can't tell what's different between two
versions of the patch.

IMHO we should put binary things like big gzipped patches or tarballs on
an HTTP or FTP url.