[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ zgrep MICROCODE /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_MICROCODE is not set

Is there any reason for this? We also have a build for microcode_ctl
in the AUR, and it doesn't work with the standard kernel. Microcode
updates are at least useful, I'd even say fundamental given the big
quantity of bugs they fix. Core 2 Duo, anyone? :(

And about the Core 2 Duo, I've always used the speedstep-centrino
module to make cpufreq work, but it doesn't work anymore with the
latest kernels:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# modprobe speedstep-centrino
FATAL: Error inserting speedstep_centrino
(/lib/modules/2.6.21-ARCH/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep-centrino.ko):
No such device

Did they add a separate module to handle this cpu? And if this is the
case, why aren't we building it?

bardo