Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 23. September 2007 09:32:21 schrieb Essien Ita Essien:
>> a PKGBUILD is _not_ _actually_ a bash script
>
> Well inf fact it is and we use bash to interpret it. If we change this we are
> in need of a selfwritten parser which might be not that simple.

yeah... that's my point actually. That we're currently limiting our
thinking because we're using bash to interpret the raw PKGBUILD. True a
selfwritten parser may not be *that* simple to write... (though its
really not that hard to write a custom makepkg script to bash script
translator) but if its a path that would be worth investigating, I'm
saying we shouldn't limit ourselves just based on the fact that it is
currently _directly_ intepreted by bash himself :)

cheers,
Essien