I am having an issue. I don't really use kde i use fluxbox but I use kde
apps sometimes. I was trying to run kate from my flux menu and nothing
happened, so I typed the kate from the command line and it just sat there.
I tried konqueror, kwrite and they did the same thing. I then logged out of
fluxbox and tried to log into kde. The splash screen stalled at
"Initializing system services" for a little while and then went to a blank
black screen. I tried deleting any reference to kde in my home directory
and tried a few other things that I found on the forums as far as deleting
kde stuff in /tmp. I also tried to uninstall kde and then install it again.
I also uninstalled kdemod and installed the regular kde. No of these have
resolved my issue. Any help would be great.

Thanks