hello,
yesterday i had a similar problem with perl apps. it turned out that the
git package deletes the link /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/ pointing to
site_perl/current (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8231).
after restoring this link perl apps worked again.
so take a look at /usr/lib/perl5 for faulty links.
i ask myself why this didn't happen until yesterday. git was updated at
03.10.07. perhaps it has smth to do w/ the perl update.

vlad

PS: why don't you use the forum for such questions?
i don't think the mailing-list is appropriate for this.
(general discusion is not a help forum)