Hi Scott,

> Thanks Cesar, I'm working on integrating it (you had added it into an
> older version of the script :p). I'll probably use a passed argument
> to generate the dependency tree image so people don't need pydot to
> run the rest of the script.

You're right, that's better :-)

> Also, how long does it take to generate the image? I waited >15
> minutes and then gave up. Did I screw up my integration of the code or
> does it simply take a long time?

Strange... it takes about 10 seconds @ 3 Ghz to generate the svg image
(using the core/base and core/extra repositories).

> I'll hopefully post an updated version in the next couple of days,
> just have a few other things to improve.

Take your time. I've tried to implement a depth-first search to find
cycles in the repository graph structure, but yours is working better
and faster, so I gave up :-)

> Ok nevermind, it simply takes a while. I must've stopped just short of
> the generation, it takes ~18 minutes here.
> Now to figure out why it generates a blank png file...

That's unusual! Can you send me the code? I'll run the same script
you're working on and time the results. You could also uncomment those
3 lines in function visualize_repo to save to disk the output string
used by pydot and try it manually with graphviz:

$dot output.dot -Tpng -o dependency_tree.png

Let me know how it goes!

[]'s
Cesar