Hi Ascanio,
I would suggest following the instructions under "Option 1: Installing
Arches on your own Computer" in the Arches Installation Guide.
It looks like VirtualBox supports Windows 2003.
The guide will give you everything you need to stand up a complete working
version of Arches.
Cheers, and don't give up!
The community is here to support you.
-Alexei

Director of Web Development - Farallon Geographics, Inc. - 971.227.3173