Hey, developers (and anyone else who wants to try IRC, which is
real-time, text-based group chat rooms for projects, basically):

I've just joined the #arches channel at irc.freenode.net.  If you could
set your IRC clients to auto-join there too, then we'll be ready for any
Google Summer of Code students who show up (and it'll be easier for
others to ask real-time questions too, if they use IRC).

We'll still need to go through the official Freenode registration
process for the channel soon, but we can join it and use it before then
-- it auto-creates when the first person enters the channel.

For those who don't know what IRC is, see irchelp.org.  The client I use
is XChat, but I hear that for Mac OS X folks, Colloquy is a good one.

Best,
-Karl