Brian,

We haven't tended to use that terminology, but I suppose it is fair to call it
object-relational.  The underlying dbms itself is Postgres, which dubs itself
as object-relational, but application of objects in a db is really the domain
of implementation tactics.

The "objects" within Arches are called entities within the db, and the resource
graphs (stored in the tables within the upper right of the EDR) define the
rules that describe how entities are allowed to relate to each other.

I'm quite sure what you are aiming to accomplish, but I can say that
understanding the physical data model won't help you much in understanding how
to use Arches in a meaningful way.  The Arches physical model is very obscure
and is designed to support a wide swath of potential uses.

Instead, focus on how to manipulate resource graphs, authority documents, and
(if you want to upload legacy data) the source data input file called
resource_info.  That will get you much further toward understanding how to
actually use the Arches platform to meet a need.

Adam

--
Adam Lodge
Geospatial Systems Consultant