Dear all. I have great news!

We have just confirmed this year's community workshop on Arches, and we
would like to invite members of the forum to apply. We'll be sending out
announcements by e-mail to a broader group, but we wanted to give you a
heads-up. It'll take place over 2.5 days. Dennis and Alexei from Farallon
will provide technical assistance and lead in-depth discussions on the
following topics:

·       Installing the Arches Server and CDS package and troubleshooting
installation issues;

·       Understanding the Arches application architecture;

·       Designing and implementing Arches custom graphs;

·       Developing and modifying Arches data entry forms;

·       Configuring the Arches search engine to support modified graphs;

graphs;

·       Discussing the significant new developments planned for v. 3.0.

*When and where?*

The workshop will take place  at a venue 45 minutes north by train from
London, England, from *Monday (evening), June 30* to *Thursday (midday),
July 3, 2014*.

*Who should attend?*

We are looking for participants with experience in installing and
customizing Arches, as many on the forum have already done. Preference will
be given to those interested in deploying Arches within cultural heritage
organizations. Participants should also be prepared to provide feedback on
their experience working with Arches, which will be useful for development
of v. 3.0, and we also hope that participants will benefit from this
exchange of information.

The workshop will provide detailed technical support for:

•     Organizations conducting a technical evaluation of Arches for use in
managing information about heritage places;

•    Organizations customizing or extending Arches to support existing
projects;

•     Software developers who wish to better understand the Arches system
architecture and codebase.

*How do I register for the workshop?*

If you are interested in attending, *please respond to:
  cont...@archesproject.org <cont...@archesproject.org>   **by May 2*

Space for this workshop will be very limited, and we expect demand to be
high.

*Please include the following information in your response: *

•    Your organization and your position or description of responsibilities
within your organization;

•     A description of your experience working with Arches
(e.g.: installation, evaluation, customization, data import);

•   A short summary of your technical evaluation of Arches and your
goals/objectives for attending the workshop;

•    A summary of your technical background (e.g.: experience working with
Python, JavaScript, geospatial data).

Limited support for attendance may be available from the Getty Conservation
Institute and World Monuments Fund.