Hello all.  I have successfully installed ElasticSearch on Ubuntu outside
of the arches environment so it will run as a service, and it was far
easier than I was expecting... a pleasant surprise that makes me wary.

To do so I began with a fresh Amazon EC2 instance, and I followed the
normal arches3 installation steps.  However, instead of running

python manage.py packages -o setup_elasticsearch

(which installs elasticsearch within the app itself) I followed these steps
<http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/setup-repositories.html>

from the ElasticSearch webpage to install the current APT distribution of
ElasticSearch on Ubuntu.  After that installation, I was able to run ES as
a service, and after finishing the arches-hip installation, was able to use
the database and add/search resources (it works!).

I have two questions:
1. I see the current ES repo is for version 1.5 instead of 1.4 which is
used by arches3.   Will this cause problems later?  I assume I could
install 1.4 instead of 1.5 if necessary.
2. I have not changed any of the default elasticsearch config settings.  I
see that the arches3 development installation has its own custom
elasticsearch.yml file.  Would it be advisable to change any default
elasticsearch config settings on this installation to match those in the
arches3 elasticsearch.yml file?