Hi Darcy, are you seeing "Anonymous - logout" in the top right corner? In
fact, in the latest version of arches, there is a user named 'Anonymous'
which is how anyone interacts with the website if they don't have an
account. The anonymous user does not have access to the RDM or the Resource
Manager, but the 'logout' phrase does seem misleading.  I changed my header
file like this
<https://github.com/mradamcox/afrh/blob/master/afrh/templates/header.htm#L30>
so
that it reads "Login" if the user is the "anonymous" user.

Regarding permissions, however, the node-level permissions that you see in
the Django admin interface are not actually supported anywhere in the
software. They can be added to a user, but there is nothing in the front
end of the app that uses them. So I think it's unlikely that it made a
difference for you to add any of those, but that may not be what you're
talking about.  The way that permissions are actually handled at this point
is with the "groups" that you see in the django admin interface.  By
default there are just 'read' and 'edit'.  You could add more if you want,
but you'll need to support them in the front end.

Let me know if you want more info on how I've implemented permissions in
other installations.

Adam