Hi Lucy,
There should be no problem with you modifying the graph to do this. In the CRM
E48 Place Name specifically states that instances of E48 are usually subject to
a gazetteer (E32).  The property P71 is valid for a domain of E32 and a range
of E1 (ie. any CRM entity).

So instead of E48 P2 E55 –P71 E32 you can cut out the middle man and just have
E48 -P71 E32.

In essence the E48 Administrative Subdivision is the dropdown (in the dame way
E57 Material is the dropdown)

I hope this helps

Phil

Phil Carlisle
Data Standards Supervisor
Data Standards Unit,
Listing Information Services
Listing Group
Historic England
The Engine House
Fire Fly Avenue
Swindon
SN2 2EH
Tel: +44 (0)1793 414824

http://thesaurus.historicengland.org.uk/
http://www.heritagedata.org/blog/

Listing Information Services fosters an environment where colleagues are valued
for their skills and knowledge, and where communication, customer focus and
working in partnership are at the heart of everything we do.