Hey Rob, this worked great! Thanks for the quick response.

One other thing I'm noticing is that the generalizing that there seems to
be a default, non-zero value for "simplify"... I removed that parameter
because simplifying adjacent polygons created gaps at some zoom levels.
However, it wasn't until I explicitly set "simplify":0 that it actually
rendered without any simplification. Ultimately, it would probably be best
to make a separate postgis that has the outlines as lines, not polygons,
and add that into the mix.

Adam