Hi Jens, I have seen this before, and we have found a couple different
solutions to it, but I think the cleanest is to change

WSGIDaemonProcess wessex python-path=/home/ubuntu/
Projects/wessex/wessex:/home/ubuntu/Projects/ENV/lib/python2.7/site-packages

WSGIDaemonProcess wessex python-path=/home/ubuntu/Projects/wessex:/home/
ubuntu/Projects/ENV/lib/python2.7/site-packages

Notice the first entry for python path is the directory that contains wessex,
within which settings.py exists. Your app should now be able to import
wessex.settings.py

Let me know how it goes! I think we may need to update that documentation...

Adam