Hi Guido, first I would recommend restoring your pg_hba file to its
original state for now, only because it could have a syntax error in it
(that's what the "cannot load" message suggests to me at least).

Things to check: In your settings.py/settings_local.py, are the database
username and password correct? And these are postgres and XXX, where XXX is
the password you are able to use with your psql command? If that is the
case, then I'm not sure what could be wrong. You should be able to type XXX
into the command prompt when you run ... setup_db if it works for psql.

One good tip: in your command prompt you can run
set PGPASSWORD=XXX
before running ... setup_db, because psql will always look for that
environment variable before asking for a password. I do this if I know I
will have to be rerunning those commands a lot and I don't want to keep
being prompted for the password.

Adam