Hi all,
I've been struggling through trying to install Arches all day today
(historian background, not IT professional!) and I thought I was getting
somewhere reaching the point where it told me Arches had been installed (in
Windows command prompt) but even our IT support are unable to get very far
beyond that. Anyone got any advice? Is there a simpler way? I just wanted
to try out the software, not get a degree in coding before I had even seen
what it looked like.
I tried to run step 7 on the install guide:
https://arches.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation/
but it says you need elasticsearch running. I tried to install
elasticsearch from the "easiest way" (dread to think what the hard way
looks like) as per below:

The easiest way to install Elasticsearch is to use a command that comes
with Arches. Once you have installed Arches (either with pip or from the Arches
repo <https://github.com/archesproject/arches>), activate your virtual
environment, enter your app/project root directory (the one that contains
manage.py), run

python manage.py es install

Elasticsearch will be installed in the root folder. You can specify an
alternate destination for the installation by using the -d argument. For
example

python manage.py es install -d C:\Projects

will result in a new directory C:\Projects\elasticsearch-5.2.1 from which
you’ll be able to run Elasticsearch.

I tried this and got the following:
(ENV) C:\Users\FIMNT\my_project>python manage.py es install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "manage.py", line 27, in <module>
    from django.core.management import execute_from_command_line
ImportError: No module named django.core.management

Obviously I or the software have done something wrong but I've spent the
entire day working like this with every single step having some kind of
problem and our IT support service is also struggling to see why it's
having so many issues.
Anyone able to guide us through in a simpler way, enlighten me past this
step and onto the next error or should I give up on Arches now seeing as
it's taken me a day and I can't even install it, yet alone set it up or
operate it?

Thanks,