Yes, Adam,

I can confirm I restarted Apache after the initial psycopg2
uninstall/install, after uninstalling the binary, after redoing the
uninstall/install, and after adding the wsgi parameter to my config file.
Nope at every turn.

If you don't feel wsgi is the problem, I'll proceed with installing
psycopg2 from GitHub, unless you feel that is inadvisable. I'm thinking
that there must be some difference in our server setups that made the cure
for you not work for me.

Thanks,
Martha