Hi All,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana
> <la...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks all for the ideas.
>> Will be moving forward with option 2.
>>
>> repository/conf/userstores/user-mgt.xml
>> repositoty/conf/tenants/1/userstores/user-mgt.xml - configuration for
>> tenant with tenant-id: 1
>> repositoty/conf/tenants/2/userstores/user-mgt.xml - configuration for
>> tenant with tenant-id: 2
>>

> Technically speaking this is not correct. User-mgt.xml is used to
> configure UserRealm not only the userstore. So it should be usermanager.
>
> But in this case what we want to dep-synch only the userstores. so my
> suggestion is to put them under userstores folder with the store name.
>
> eg. repository/deployment/server/userstores/userstore1.xml
>        repository/deployment/server/userstores/userstore2.xml.
>
> For an example if we change one userstore there is not reason to dep-sychn
> all user-mgt.xml and re initialise all user stores.

Azeez,Amila,me had a chat on the $subject. We have to follow the above
approach it seems.

Here the additional user-store configs are runtime artifacts and can be
treated in the same way we do other runtime artifacts. User-mgt.xml is a
static config file and it needs not to be dep-synched.

@Prabath and Pushpalanka;

Can we achieve the functionality using above method...

On technical front, if we try to listen to more than one directory, things
get bit complicated. Specially if you want to do dep-sync for those
directories. Normally we maintain a one dep-sync thread per tenant. If we
listen/dep-sync more than one directory - > two dep-sync thread per tenant.

> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> So a product will have 2 locations, inside repository/conf to be synced
>> with dep-sync as,
>>
>>    - repositoty/conf/userstores ('userstores' just to avoid syncing all
>>    content in conf directory) and
>>    - repository/conf/tenants
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Pushpalanka Jayawardhana
>>
>> Software Engineer
>>
>> WSO2 Lanka (pvt) Ltd
>> [image:
>> Facebook]<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpushpalanka>
>>  [image:
>> Twitter]<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FPushpalanka>
>>  [image:
>> LinkedIn]<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fprofile%2Fview%3Fid%3D75175642%26trk%3Dtab_pro>
>>  [image:
>> Blogger]<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpushpalankajaya.blogspot.com%2F>
>>  [image:
>> SlideShare]<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slideshare.net%2FPushpalanka>
>> Mobile: +94779716248
>> <http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fr1.wisestamp.com%2Fr%2Flanding%3Fu%3Dc984892c0c4ca423%26v%3D3.13.2%26t%3D1361257731639%26promo%3D10%26dest%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.wisestamp.com%252Femail-install%253Futm_source%253Dextension%2526utm_medium%253Demail%2526utm_campaign%253Dpromo_10>
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Dhanuka Ranasinghe <dhan...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not much aware about carbon architecture, but have few thoughts to
>>> achieve above requirements.
>>>
>>> 1. Having a high available singleton (HA) service (through MBeans) then
>>> make sure it is active only in master node.
>>> 2. When the master node down one of other member in cluster become a
>>> master node and it's HA service will be activated.
>>> 3. All the configurations done and read through that HA service, by
>>> doing this whether it's UI or local file system change it will be synch
>>> with every time with every member.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Dhanuka
>>>
>>> *Dhanuka Ranasinghe*
>>>
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc. ; http://wso2.com
>>> lean . enterprise . middleware
>>>
>>> phone : +94 715381915

>>> ^This will not be achieved, with the option.
>>
>>>  5. We should not do product folder structure before major release (C5?)

> *Amila Suriarachchi*
>
> Software Architect
>
> WSO2 Inc. ; http://wso2.com
> lean . enterprise . middleware