Hi,

Came across this thread in which some ideas are discussed.

http://www.quora.com/What-is-a-good-choice-for-storing-blob-like-files-in-a-distributed-environment#

Some quote from the thread

There are two major classes of solutions for this.  One is a distributed
filesystem - but do yourself a favor and avoid Lustre.  It has the same
SPOF/bottleneck you mention for HDFS, and the general effort to keep it
running is probably higher than you want.  I'd suggest GlusterFS, OrangeFS,
ExtreemFS or MooseFS as better alternatives, depending on your specific
needs.  (Disclaimer: I've been working with the Gluster team for years, and
my company recently acquired theirs.)

The other main type of solution is a dedicated "blob store" like OpenStack
Storage (a.k.a. Swift) or S3.  Multiple implementations of the S3 API
exist, including "Walrus" in Eucalyptus, "tabled" in Project Hail, and
"UFO" in GlusterFS.  There are also in-between solutions that you have more
of a filesystem interface (rather than HTTP-based) but implement blob-store
semantics underneath.  Examples of this include MogileFS and KosmosFS.
Any of these would probably work for you.  Since you're also looking for a
webserver, though, I think I'd lean toward the Swift/S3 solutions that are
already basically webservers themselves and don't require a separate one.

Thanks.

--
*Hasitha Abeykoon*
Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com