SCPE has a known vulnerability - where end devices can fool the system to
get certificates of what their desire..

More details at [1].

One way we could overcome this is - we do not expose SCEP server to the
devices - but rather all the SCEP requests from devices to the SCEP server
through a MDM.

And.. at the MDM we validate the SCEP request against the OTP we issued..
only if legitimate MDM will route the request to the SCEP server..

[1]: http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/971035

--
Thanks & Regards,
Prabath