How does Git compare?

Paul

On 20 September 2013 06:43, Chamith Kumarage <cham...@wso2.com> wrote:

>  Linux HA is used to setup redundant storage blocks across multiple VMs.
> You can use that for replication. IOW, you can have multiple SVN servers
> across a shared repository. And use HAProxy or DNS failover to expose those
> SVN servers to the application.
>
> The other option is to purchase a hosted SVN repo with HA and scalability.
>

> On 09/20/2013 08:21 AM, Afkham Azeez wrote:
>
> Linux HA is not an option on cloud deployments. For DNS failover, you need
> to run svnsync, but that is not full HA since there is a possibility of the
> system crashing before the sync happened.
>

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Chamith Kumarage <cham...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>>  You can setup a mirror (with svn replication or git mirror) server and
>> make it available in active-passive mode with Linux HA or DNS failover.
>>

>> On 09/20/2013 05:11 AM, Afkham Azeez wrote:
>>
>> How do we ensure that SVN is highly available when we do an HA setup?
>>
>>  In the future, when we move to Git, how do we ensure HA for the Git
>> server?
>>
>>  --
>> *Afkham Azeez*
>> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://www.apache.org/
>>  ***
>> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77
>> 3320919<%2B94%2077%203320919>
>> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
>> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
>> *
>> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
>> *
>> *
>> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
>>

>>   --
>> Chamith Kumarage
>> Technical Lead
>> Cell: +94 773 526879
>> Blog: http://gonesimple.org
>>

>  --
> *Afkham Azeez*
> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>  ***
> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
> *
> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
> *
> *
> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
>

> --
> Chamith Kumarage
> Technical Lead
> Cell: +94 773 526879
> Blog: http://gonesimple.org

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, Apache Member

UK: +44 207 096 0336
US: +1 646 595 7614

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.