On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Venura Kahawala <ven...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are in the process of moving the below UI features out from the IS
> management console.
>
> 1. My Profiles
> 2. Account Recovery
> 3. My Authorized apps
> 4. OpenID
> 5. My SCIM Providers
> 6. Multifactor Authentication
> 7. Sign-up

8. Password change by user

> A jaggery application will be implemented with the above mentioned
> features and deployed within IS server. This application can be accessed
> via a different port. High level architecture diagram can be seen here [1].
>
> Jaggery application will be implemented ad-hearing to the caramel
> framework.
>
> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/drawings/d/1jQsKbSVnH3cHCKkNjaLqr9cBARk0pD04RLPGgid4R7M/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please share your thoughts.

+1 for having this without OSGI...  It is better to use web services as you
have mentioned.

Also, is there any special reason for using Jaggery?  Because , i see that
web app that you are developing would not be much portable. Actually in a
practical situation, i may have already developed web application that is
running on an app server. Then i need to enable some identity management
features (account recovery, change password, signup) in to my exiting web
app. Therefore i would add presentation pages for this using exiting
presentation layer. So i would look for some client side library to call
these web service APIs of Identity Server (I would not look for already
developed Jaggery app).  I guess,  it is to better to have some kind of
client side sample library where we could use to develop my presentation
pages. If we can write this Jaggery web application using kind of client
side APIs, that would be fine.  If not, I do not think there is much worth
of this for the developers who are using Identity Server's APIs.  However
it would just add some nice UI pages to WSO2 Identity Server. (when it is
developed in cloud)

Thanks,
Asela.

--