Hi Senaka,

With the previous release, we can define which workflow executor should get
executed for a given operation. For example if we take Application Creation
operation, we can specify to execute either
ApplicationCreationSimpleWorkflowExecutor or
ApplicationCreationWSWorkflowExecutor when a new application is created.

A workflow executor has two methods;

execute - which can be used to send out a message to an external service
notifying the creation of an application.

complete - which is used to receive the final result of the workflow and
determine if the application can be created or not.

In the configuration we can specify which service should be invoked in the
execute method, and which service should be used for receiving the status
in complete method.

Using these two operations, an external BPS workflow can be initiated by
calling an external service, and the result of the workflow can be received
by the API Manager to complete the application creation process.

The Token Generation flow will operate in a similar fashion;

   - When a subscriber clicks the Generate button, a workflow will be
   initiated by the application registration request. Until this request is
   completed, further requests cannot be placed to register the same
   application.
   - An admin user either approves or declines the request - In the
   existing workflows ,this is done by a human task. Admin users can login to
   the Workflow-Admin, and see all the pending requests.
   - If the registration request is approved, it will complete the
   registration process by generating a consumerKey , consumerSecret pair.
   Accepting the output of the workflow and completing the actual registration
   can be done in two steps. In a distributed setup, there can be times the
   key manager nodes might not be able to create consumerKey, secret pair at
   the exact time the registration process receives the approval.

AmilaD

*Amila De Silva*

*Software Engineer*
WSO2 Inc.