> develop branch is not merged directly with master branch. It' merged
> through a release branch because of the above practical reason.

@Chan: Yes, you are correct. The "develop" branch is not directly merged to
the "master", but "release" branches are supporting branches a limited life
time and should eventually be removed. Therefore the "release" branch needs
to be merged with the "develop" branch once it is ready to merge into
"master".
Also "Feature" branches are not merged to the "develop" branch unless the
feature is to be added to the upcoming release (as mentioned in the blog):

*"The essence of a feature branch is that it exists as long as the feature
is in development, but will eventually be merged back into develop (to
definitely add the new feature to the upcoming release) or discarded (in
case of a disappointing experiment)."*