Hi all,

At the moment AF team is working on implementing the URL mapping feature.
Following are some examples of URLs to be mapped.

1.0.0-dev-myapp.cloudapps.com - DNS should get resolved to stratos dev ELB
2.1.0-test-myapp.cloudapps.com - DNS should get resolved to stratos test ELB
1.1.0-prod-myapp.cloudapps.com - DNS should get resolved to stratos prod ELB

To add the DNS entries, most clean way seems to be using the AWS R53
service. With this, when you create a URL to be mapped, you will have to
call the AWS api [1] and add a DNS entry (add a CName to ELB's host name).

An alternative options is to use an Nginx in from of dev,test,prod ELBs and
route requests based on the url pattern. But, this will introduce an
additional hop.

If we agree to use the AWS R53 api, Af code will have to be implemented in
a way that this does not cause any issues in a non-EC2 infrastructure. i.e.
a listener implementation is needed.

If there are no objections, AF team, please note this.

BTW, are there any arguments on whether this needs to be done by AF or
Stratos? My understanding is, this needs to be done by AF when creating the
nice url.

[1]
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/Route53/latest/DeveloperGuide/RRSchanges_API.html

Regards,