Hi Paul,

I think it as a two stage process. I think there is lot to gain from common
language even if it is two runtimes inside.

If we are to unify the runtimes, then there is lot of problems to be solved
that MapReduce has solved. I think running batch case off Storm would
affect performance as MapReduce move data as large files, which works best
for the network.

I think It is possible unify runtimes, but we have to think more about
that.

I think meanwhile, Siddhi to Hive conversion should be much simpler.

--Srinath

--