Hi Sagara,

Denuwanthi is working on a solution for this problem using spi-fly. SPI Fly
provides a mechanism to expose Java Service Provider Interfaces via OSGi.
To make this work,

1. Add the following spi-fly and its dependency bundles to AS - Download
links are available at [1]. We need a make a Carbon feature out of this to
install in AS. @Denuwanthi, please note.

SPI Fly Dynamic Weaving Bundle 1.0.0
Aries Util 1.1.0
ASM 4.0.0

2. You need to make the Myfaces bundle a service provider of
javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer interface under the OSGi
environment. For that you need to add 'Require-Capability', and
'Provide-Capability' Manifest headers as follows.

  Require-Capability: osgi.extender;
filter:="(osgi.extender=osgi.serviceloader.registrar)"

  Provide-Capability: osgi.serviceloader; osgi.serviceloader=
*javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer*

3. Since Tomcat uses a custom mechanism to load the service providers, you
do not need to add Consumer's manifest headers. Consumer part for webapps
is already handled by our solution.
[1] http://aries.apache.org/modules/spi-fly.html

Regards,
KasunG

--

*Kasun Gajasinghe*Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
email: kasung AT spamfree wso2.com