Hi All,

We recently had a meeting on $subject. Our current story for CApp (Carbon
Application) development approach is broken when including application of
QoS for services. This was mainly due to the issues we faced with,

- the file-based metadata persistence layer for services.
- the possibility to change/apply QoS via mgt console.
- clustering and deployment synchronization.

To fix these, as the first step, we have removed the file based persistence
layer from platform. This layer was mainly used to persist QoS related
settings of the axis2services. This can be replaced by using services.xml
file for each service.  All types of axis2services (other than
proxy-services) has support for services.xml currently. For proxy services,
the application of some QoS (Ex: security) can be defined inline by
referring the relevant policies from registry.

We need a meeting to discuss about the following next steps.
- How this will affect ESB (proxy-services) and how to fix those.
- Removing the current way of applying QoS via mgt console and providing a
different approach, which will not be part of the CApp development process.

Thanks,
Kishanthan.

--
*Kishanthan Thangarajah*