Hi,

This is a suggestion, I think its useful to have a version with the siddhi
extension name, The same extension can exists with different versions. Idea
is if extension get change and new version arrives, no need to change
existing queries.

Ex -: currency_1.0.siddhiext

In the query should call the extension with the version.
Then currency new extension arrives it may be 2.0.

Will this be useful?

Thanks

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Sachini Jayasekara <sachi...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New Siddhi implementation supports custom functions and custom output
> aggregators.
>
> Custom functions can be written extending the FunctionExecutor class.
>
> Custom output aggregators can be written implementing AttributeAggregator
> interface. In earlier version, to write a custom output aggregator,  user
> had to implement both OutputAttributeAggregatorFactory and
> OutputAttributeAggregator interfaces. (Now there is no need to implement 2
> interfaces user can simply add the logic to one class which implements
> AttributeAggregator interface).
>
> Then the implemented custom classes has to be compiled and the jar files
> should be added to the class path.
> User then has to add the custom function name and  fully-qualified class
> name of the custom extension to a file named  "namespace of the
> function/aggregator . siddhiext". (eg:- if namespace of a
> function/aggregator is "currency"  function/aggregator name and
>  fully-qualified class name should be added to a file named
> currency.siddhiext ). For each extension .siddhiext should be created. This
> file should also be added to class path.
>
> In earlier version, jars and siddhiext files have to be added to specific
> locations but now user can and those to anywhere in class path.
>
> Extension loading process of  Siddhi will search for files ending with
>  .siddhiext in class path and add them as extensions.
> User can refer to the custom classes giving the namespace and function
> name.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>

> *Thanks & Regards,Sachini JayasekaraSoftware Engineer; **WSO2 Inc. *
>
> *lean . enterprise . middleware |  http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com> *

Manoj Gunawardena
Tech Lead
WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com