Hi All,

We cannot use existing NLP toolbox for our use case since it was
implemented using Stanford NLP. Plus it cannot be used for loading custom
trained models. We have already implemented most of the NLP parts using
Apache OpenNLP. Therefore we are planning to write a custom adapter for NLP
purpose. Please give your suggestions.

Thanks.
Madhawa

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM, CD Athuraliya <chathur...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are working on a road traffic extractor from Twitter feed. Here we are
> extracting useful road traffic information from a public Twitter feed using
> natural
> language processing tools and then publishing to WSO2 CEP. Feed was
> narrowed down to @road_lk Twitter account, popular for posting free crowd
> sourced traffic alerts. @road_lk feed also was used train NLP models which
> are utilized for name entity recognition.
>
> In real time scenario, users can view/search for road traffic from a web
> UI and also can subscribe for a location to receive traffic alerts
> regularly. To generate traffic information available in feed alerts,
> Twitter feed is processed in two steps. First each tweet will go through
> the NLP module and location, traffic level will be extracted from it. Then
> these extractions will be published to CEP as an input event stream. Custom
> Siddhi queries will further process streams to generate traffic information
> according to user request which will be published back to web UI or to
> alerts.
>
> We have currently implemented modules given in the diagram. At our last
> code review it was suggested to make following changes to our current
> implementation.
>
>    1. Use ESB or CEP as the data publishing server instead of a custom
>    server
>    2. Use existing NLP toolbox for name entity recognition
>    3. Use ESB Twitter connector for Twitter interactions
>    4. Integrate implemented extra UI features to existing geo-dashboard
>

> Your valuable feedback and suggestions on above changes will be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> --
> *CD Athuraliya*