Hi Himasha,

A chevron in a chevron diagram may refer to another chevron diagram or to a
process model. Therefore, we can't create an asset for a chevron until the
user has specified its type. I think we should not prompt user to enter
details like type of each chevron when modeling an abstract entity like
chevron diagram. Other issue is that user should be able to add chevrons to
a diagram, and some/all of those chevrons may not be modeled as a separate
process/chevron with next level of detail. Therefore, IMO creating an asset
for each chevron element in a diagram is not necessary.

At this stage, let's avoid associating any details with individual chevrons
except the name and optional associated asset (i.e. process model or
chevron diagram). Later, we can improve this to load and display all
properties of associated asset when a chevron is selected.

I think we can use the below xml format which is similar to the one we
discussed in the last meeting:

<chevronDiagram>
        <chevron id="c1">
                  <name>Feasibility assessment</name>
                  <associatedAsset>processId</associatedAsset>
       <chevron>
       <chevron id="c2">
                  <name>Recruitment</name>
       <chevron>
       <chevron id="c1">
                  <name>Equipment procurement</name>
                  <associatedAsset>processId</associatedAsset>
       <chevron>

       <flow source="c1" target="c2"/>
       <flow source="c1" target="c3"/>

       <layout>
               <position chevronId="c1">
                           <x>120</x>
                           <y>200</y>
               </position>
               <position chevronId="c2">
                           <x>250</x>
                           <y>120</y>
               </position>
               <position chevronId="c3">
                           <x>250</x>
                           <y>280</y>
               </position>
      </layout>
<chevronDiagram>

Note that the <associatedAsset> element is optional (chevron c2 doesn't
have an associated asset). As Sameera mentioned, we can support multiple
layouts for a chevron (by adding multiple layout elements in the xml). But
let's start with a single layout for now.

Regards,
Chathura