Hi All,

We are trying to setup an App Factory development environment using puppet,
As of now we have puppet script which is supported for linux environment,
When we run that on OS X its getting failed due to some obvious reasons
such as, root permissions and the some tools are not compliance to OS X.
Hence, We are trying to achieve this using Virtual Machine, But the
bottleneck we found is the memory as Mac has 8 GB max memory which is not
enough to run puppet agent for our purpose.(In the same machine we have to
run puppet master too)

The solution could be for this, Creating a puppet agent in Openstack and
use that via a VM in OS X environments( as Openstack is supported in Ubuntu
Env [1])

Appreciate your views on this approach, The concern could be in this user
should have a active network connection to listen Openstack instance and we
should do the IP configuration to access the cartridges such as mysql, etc.

Is this a recommended approach to do so please?

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/training-guides/content/building-training-cluster.html

Thanks & Regards,
S.A.Rajeevan