Sorry for the late reply. Please find my comments inline.
On Jan 8, 2015 11:51 AM, "Dimuthu Leelarathne" <dimut...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While doing and offline chat with Hasitha we came across the problem of
deploying the appmgt.zip by several people in same App Server tenant. So
the solution needs following requirements.

> - Developers need a isolated environment for testing
> - There is WSO2 AS, which is an inherent MT cat ridge as well as there
are PHP which is a NoneMT Cartridge

> So I had a offline chat with Azeez as well, and our platform isolation
level is tenant. So here is the initial design thoughts,

> For WSO2AS
> - Isolated environment is the Tenant
> - For each forked repo create a temporary tenant for developers to do the
testing

> For NoneMT Cartridges
> - Isolated environment is the Cartridge
> - For each forked repo create a instance for developers to do the testing

Although we say it a temporary tenant, after we create it, It stays there
right. So this tenant needs to be there in development stage only right? So
when some one create a new tenant we should make sure he is not going to
use same domain name which will be complex and will need to handle
carefully.
Might be able to do this by not allowing to create new tenants with prefix
"<number>-".
> Implementation
>
> Deployment - According to our AF architecture we can plugin Deployers. So
the suggestion is to have a special deployer for WSO2 AS that creates a
temporary tenant for each forked repo. And for NoneMT Cartridges improve
the existing "JenkinsArtifactDeployer" to create an instance and do the
deployment. AF Cartridge is NoneMT.

I don't see the requirement of having a new deployer since we are still
commit it to s2git into different location. If we needs to have it, then
have it to both cases something like ForkedRepoDeployer.
> S2Git Structure
> For master - /stage/server/tenantid.git
> For forked repo - /stage/server/tenantid-username.git
>
> The temporary tenanted for WSO2AS could be "tenantid-username".
>
> Implementation required for appmgt development
> Only create a S2Git repo in above format and commit artefact there
>
> All this is discussed because we need to have an overall  robust plan for
moving forward and implement what is only required for achieving developing
appmgt in the AppCloud.

> WDYT? Improvements, suggestions and better approaches are all welcome.
>
> thanks,
> dimuthu
>

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Hasitha Weerasinghe <hasit...@wso2.com>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>> I'm in the process of developing deployment for forked repositories.
>>

>> Problem Definition
>>
>> We cannot deploy and test code written on forked repositories in the
cloud.

>> Solution
>>
>> Developer edit the forked repository from the Codenvy and then build it
and commit it to S2gitblit. Then the developer can test the application;
afterwards can do all the commits to the master.

>> Basically it’s similar to giving a Test Environment for each and every
developer before doing changes to the master repository.