Hi Jo,

again, thanks for your work: we'll get a nice RESTful API :-)   In the
Richardson maturity model we'll get to level 2 (not level 3 because we are
leaving out HATEOS - which is something that is not used often today in
practice anyhow).

I exported the YAML of the API, put it into a Word document and used the
"change tracking" feature to comment/modify across the document - please
find the document attached. (Frank Input - API Manager API -
2015-03-27.docx)

All the changes I made to YAML itself is in the separate swagger YAML file
I attached too.  I used the swagger 2.0 tool to create this YAML, and the
tool shows no syntax errors... So you may import it into your tool without
problems. (FL Input API Manager API - 2015-03-27.yaml)

I worked on the apis of the /apis and /apis/{apiID} resources. Before I
continue, I suggest that we have a discussion (i.e. a call) to discuss the
changes/suggestions I made. We need to agree whether this fits into the
plan for implementing in the next release.

Looking forward....

Best regards,
Frank

> Hi Frank
>
> What are the headers we should include ?
>
> 1. For the access token header we can define it globally in the security
> definition [1]
> <https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec/blob/master/versions/2.0.md#securityDefinitionsObject>
> 2. Content-type headers are covered by the consumes and produces
> attributes [2]
> <https://github.com/hevayo/restful-apim/blob/master/apim.yaml#L18-L19>
> 3. For post methods we have an option of sending "Link" header with a URL
> to newly created resource rather than returning newly created resource JSON.
>
> Thanks
> Jo
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec/blob/master/versions/2.0.md#securityDefinitionsObject
>
> [2] https://github.com/hevayo/restful-apim/blob/master/apim.yaml#L18-L19
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Frank Leymann <fr...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jo,
>>
>> nice piece of work!
>>
>> What is still needed is a description of the header fields for both, the
>> requests and APIs.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Frank

>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> We are planing to implement a RESTFul API to expose the API Manager
>>> functionality. This will be a replacement to the currently provided Store
>>> and Publisher APIs [1]
>>> <https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM180/Publisher+APIs> & [2]
>>> <https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM180/Store+APIs>.
>>>
>>> Main Motivation.
>>> 1. The current APIs are not RESTful and they do not cover all the
>>> functionality.
>>> 2. To make it easy to integrate and automate API manager functionality
>>> with 3rd party systems.
>>> 3. To provide better security with Oauth.
>>> 4. To provide better versioning and documentation with the API.
>>>
>>> As a start we have written a draft version of the API definition which
>>> you can find here [3] <http://hevayo.github.io/restful-apim/>.
>>>
>>> Following is a rough implementation plan.
>>> 1. Work on the API Definition, get feed back from users and finalize.
>>> 2. Implementation. ( Architecture , Jax-RS ?)
>>> 3. Adding Security. ( O-auth, scopes ? )
>>> 4. Testing.